RFR : 8182672: Java 8u121 on Linux intermittently returns null for MAC address

Seán Coffey sean.coffey at oracle.com
Fri Jun 23 15:52:20 UTC 2017

Nice suggestion Mark - I've taken that on board with latest webrev.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.8182672.jdk10.v3/webrev/

There was an issue with the hasHardwareAddress method also. A 'return
false' was missing in the exception block.

Vyom - I discussed your suggestion with Chris - I think it's ok to have
an exception trace printed per interface when an issue occurs. We'll
leave that as is for now.

Final test version being run through test system now. Will push once
finished.

Regards,
Sean.