8169865 : Changes not ported to IPv4

Srividya Shamaiah sshamaia at in.ibm.com
Mon Apr 9 09:58:18 UTC 2018

Hi ,
In method Java_java_net_Inet6AddressImpl_getLocalHostName , file
src/solaris/native/java/net/Inet6AddressImpl.c , there were changes that
was added due to 8169865: Downport minor fixes in java.net native code from
JDK 9 to JDK 8  which removed the additional work for non Solaris platforms
of doing a reverse lookup to get the hostname. Is there any specific reason
as to  why the same change is not added to method
Java_java_net_Inet4AddressImpl_getLocalHostName, file
src/solaris/native/java/net/Inet4AddressImpl.c . For IPv4 we still continue
to resolve hostname through  nameservice  for all UNIX platforms while for
IPv6 we do this only for Solaris platforms.

Thanks,
Srividya S