Files.probeContentType() changes behaviour when ran with -d64 (Sol)

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at Sun.COM
Fri Jul 25 06:35:31 PDT 2008

Rajendra Gutupalli wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I was just doing adhoc testing with installable builds. In Solaris sparc
> and Solx86 I observed when I run with -d64 options
> Files.probeContentType() just returns null but it works fine with 32 bit
> java version. In linux I don't see this problem. Please see the result.
I don't think Solaris ships with 64-bit GNOME libraries (at least not
GnomeVFS). If this becomes a problem then I can include a proxy to
access the MIME info via the 32-bit GNOME libraries.

-Alan.