environment issue; pls confirm

Umashankar Umashankar.Ningaiah at Sun.COM
Sun Jul 27 22:34:52 PDT 2008

Hi Alan,
I just observed the following IOexception while running my test on
Windows Vista 64 bit platform.
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.io.IOException: You were
not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network. If joining
a domain, go to System in Control Panel to change the computer name and
try again.  If joining a workgroup, choose another workgroup name.
    at sun.nio.ch.PendingFuture.get(PendingFuture.java:137)
    at NIOTestClient$ReadWriteClient.run(NIOTestClient.java:71)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:674)

I am wondering if this is something related to the network settings.

Thanks,
Umashankar