Attributes.readDosFileAttributes() does not throw UOE (Lin 64 bit)

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at Sun.COM
Tue Jul 29 09:33:08 PDT 2008

Rajendra Gutupalli wrote:
> :
> Alan, Can you please explain above stated fact "Samba stores DOS
> attributes as an extended (named) attribute.".
> When do we use DosFileAttributes in Linux and Solaris? Do we use it on
> smbfs file system?
I don't expect this attribute view will be used too often on Solaris and
Linux. It is there to provide consistent access to these attributes when
running on the server side and the server happens to be a CIFS server.
My comment on Samba is that it requires the "store dos attributes"
parameter to be set in the smb configuration file. This parameter is
documented here.

http://us6.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/smb.conf.5.html#STOREDOSATTRIBUTES

-Alan.