pending read/failed callback/IOException

Leon Finker leonfin at optonline.net
Wed Apr 22 13:59:03 PDT 2009

You're correct. This exception has nothing to do with asynchronous close.
The client terminates abruptly, and that's when the exception happens. Is
this correct behavior? Is it safe to assume that for tcp:
1. -1 result on the asynchronous read callback specifies remote end graceful
shutdown (or shutdownInput has been called)
2. IOException will happen in failed() callback when remote end closed
connection abruptly