Files.walkFileTree

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Jul 19 07:08:39 PDT 2010

Files.walkFileTree has accumulated a few issues that I plan to fix soon.
Earlier this year  Rémi observed that the FileVisitor methods can't
throw a IOException and jave propagate it to the caller of
Files.walkFileTree. John Hendrikx pointed out that the preVisitDirectory
should be invoked with the attributes of the directory. The other one is
Jon Gibbon's observation that using the maxDepth parameter requires
opening the directory at maxDepth+1. All of these issues require
updating the javadoc so I'd like to do them in one batch. Does anyone
have any other issues with Files.walkFileTree/FileVisitor that need to
be fixed while in the area?

Thanks,

-Alan.