Using OP_CONNECT with Selector.select causes selector to fire repeatedly

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue May 15 13:40:16 PDT 2012

Devon,

Just to follow up from my previous mail. I looked at the changes in the
patch and also tried it out to see the side effects. One issue is that
the changes mean that OP_CONNECT will be "automatically" removed from
the interest ops, minimally that would require a spec change. When I ran
the Selector tests (in the jdk repository) then I noticed a few failures
so there are other side effects too. In any case, I think the one is
really just a mis-use of the API and that we should instead adding
wording to the javadoc rather than change the implementation.

-Alan