Javadoc does not specify... Is null allowed in Files.setAttribute() as an attribute value?

Francis Galiegue fgaliegue at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:45:11 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 7:10 PM, Colin Decker <cgdecker at google.com> wrote:
[...]
> I don't think JSR 305 is well-specified. There isn't even Javadoc for most
> of the annotations. There are differing interpretations of its annotations,
> particularly with regard to things like what @Nullable on a parameter of an
> interface method means (do all implementations of that interface have to
> accept null?). Not to mention that type annotations change things quite a
> bit.

What package are you referring to here? I find the one provided by
com.googlecode.findbugs to be pretty well documented...

As to differing interpretations I guess this is a bug to be reported
to the package authors?

Oh, and unrelated, but since you seem to be working on jimfs I have
something which you might be interested in, and this is right in this
list's topic: https://github.com/fge/java7-fs-base. In not even a
week, with this package, I could implement a working FileSystem over a
big-name online file storage vendor... And others are easy to program
as well.

Feedback more than welcome... Although I admit that the doc is
seriously lacking. Issues on github, please, but I will take any and
all inputs into account!

Regards,
--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue at gmail.com, https://github.com/fge