RFR 9: 8030090: (fs) Add default methods to Path for derived methods

Brian Burkhalter brian.burkhalter at oracle.com
Thu Dec 18 16:18:40 UTC 2014

On Dec 18, 2014, at 3:33 AM, Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman at oracle.com> wrote:

> Thanks, this looks quite good.
>
> For toFile() then it looks like some of text from your first version (after the </pre>) has been removed and that is needed to have it be complete.

I took that out because I thought the throws documentation covered it:

UnsupportedOperationException - if this Path is not associated with the default provider [1]

It does not hurt however to elaborate.

> Minor formatting nit in UnixPath is that you the "{" can be moved up to the previous line.

Please see this updated version which incorporates the two foregoing changes:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/8030090/webrev.02/

Thanks,

Brian

[1] http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/nio/file/Path.html#toFile--