Zip fs provider guarantees for "incomplete" operations?

Francis Galiegue fgaliegue at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:59:51 UTC 2015

The zip fs provider allows you to modify the contents of a zip using
JSR 203 only and that's nice; however, the existing documentation is
very poor regarding the provider in general, and also, but more
crucially, what happens on errors.

Let us forget for a moment about the bug I stumbled upon and suppose
that it is fixed; what happens if, say, the JVM is interrupted while I
am writing to a Path associated to a zip fs provider, in those two
situations:

* I overwrite an existing entry?
* I create a new entry?

The documentation mentions nothing about this; in fact, I believe I am
one of the rare heavy users of this provider (outside of Oracle and of
all people who do and don't make it public that they do, of course)
and it has never failed on me; still, a good, solid documentation
about this provider's behavior would be more than welcome!

--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue at gmail.com, https://github.com/fge
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com