JDK 9 RFR of 8160220: (fs) Tests in jdk/test/java/nio/file/WatchService leave directory trees behind

Brian Burkhalter brian.burkhalter at oracle.com
Wed Jul 13 18:45:39 UTC 2016

On Jul 13, 2016, at 9:33 AM, Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman at oracle.com> wrote:

>>> Thinking about, this isn't needed. Since you've moved to the work directory then jtreg will do the clean-up (including retry). So the change should be to just move from /tmp to the work directory and you should be all set.
>>
>> So I should be able to remove FileUtils.deleteFileTreeWithRetry() and the jdk.testlibrary references in *both* of these tests as well as the original deleteFileTree() in DeleteInterference.
>>
> Yes, I think so as it will be cleaned up by the test harness.

One more revision:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/8160220/webrev.02/

Changes with respect to current repository (not with respect to prior revisions):

1. Temporary files are created in a subdirectory of “test.dir” with cleanup left to the test harness.
2. Explicit deletion of temporary files is remove from main() in DeleteInterference.
3. deleteFileTree() is removed from DeleteInterference and its use in deleteAndRecreateDirectory() is replaced with FileUtils.deleteFileTreeWithRetry().

If this looks reasonable I will run one more regression job before pushing.

Thanks,

Brian