Unable to create a zip file using the Zip filesystem provider anymore?

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon May 2 15:22:46 UTC 2016

On 02/05/2016 14:58, Francis Galiegue wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman at oracle.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> The zip provider was very much a demo provider initially but there is quite
>> a bit of usage so we do want to make it solid. Also as Sherman pointed out,
>> javac has moved completely to the new file system API and so is very reliant
>> on the jrtfs and zipfs providers. This is helping to shaking out a few
>> performance issues with zipfs in particular.
>>
> jrtfs? As in this? https://github.com/forax/jigsaw-jrtfs

I think that project was a one-off backport that Rémi did.

The "jrt" file system provider was one we added via JEP 220 [1] in JDK 9
to support access to the runtime image. Most of the IDEs have early
access support that uses this to access the classes/resources for
projects that target JDK 9.

-Alan

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/220