8200458: (se) Readiness information previously recorded in the ready set not preserved

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Apr 3 07:53:44 UTC 2018

On 03/04/2018 01:24, Brian Burkhalter wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2018, at 1:31 PM, Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
> <mailto:Alan.Bateman at oracle.com>> wrote:
>
>> The changes to fix this are simple but it is a behavior change so a
>> CSR and release notes would be appropriate if we fix this issue. I've
>> run all tests on all platforms with the changes and the only issue I
>> ran into was the fix for JDK-4737146 which I don't think was correct.
>
> From the spec it does seem that isConnectable() should return true.

There are spec clarifications in this area, JDK-4737146 is one.
Additionally, the isXXX methods may need API note to make it clear that
they report the state from the time that the channel was last selected
or the key updated. If isReadable returns true and I read from the
channel then it isReadable will continue to return true in the absence
of another selection operation that updates the key.

-Alan