8202116: (fc) FileChannel.map should ensure mapped region is backed by disk space

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Apr 24 06:29:49 UTC 2018

On 23/04/2018 22:02, Langer, Christoph wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I think the changes look good.
>
> One question, regarding the reordering of includes in unix files FileChannelImpl.c and FileDispatcherImpl.c: Wouldn't it be more natural to first include the VM includes ("jni.h", "jvm.h" etc.) and then the system includes? I think this is the rule in hotspot code, afaik.
AFAIK, we've never had any guidelines on this for JNI code. Many people
have touched this code over the years so the organization of the the
#includes and definitions at the top is a bit messy. I'm not proposed to
re-visit all this in this patch, instead the re-ordering is to make it a
bit clearer what it included. Personally I prefer to have the system
include files before the library header files.

-Alan.