8220793: (fs) No support for changing modification time of symlink

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed May 1 19:50:17 UTC 2019

On 01/05/2019 20:16, Brian Burkhalter wrote:
> :
>
> Modified as suggested above: new capabilities bit added and logic
> changed to respond according to whether it is set:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/8220793/webrev.02/

Thanks, the logic in setTimes looks right. As setting the time stamps on
a sym link is a bit of outlier then I think I would put the useFutimes
first but that is no big deal.

The new changes to UnixNativeDispatcher.c create an inconsistency that
I'm trying to figure out. The init method is using dlym whereas the the
Java_sun_nio_fs_UnixNativeDispatcher_lutimes0 references the function.
If you are confident that lutimes is available on the all the gcc
versions that are used to build the JDK then my_lutimes_func is not needed.

-Alan