[ipv6] Regarding 8220673: Add test library support for determining platform IP support

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu May 9 06:22:54 UTC 2019

On 08/05/2019 12:02, Chris Hegarty wrote:
> :
>>
>> New webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aeubanks/8220673/webrev.03/
>
> :
>
> P.S. adding nio-dev since there are a few tests in that area
> being updated.
Thanks for forwarding.

IPSupports.skipIfConcurrentConfigurationIsInvalid is a bit strange and I
think the first use of SkippedException in the jdk tests. I'm tempted to
suggest this should be a key that tests should select on via the
@requires tag but that may not be feasible because it depends on
properties such as preferIPv4Stack. So I guess the approach is okay but
we should rename the method to start with "skipTest" as it's not clear
from the use-case what is being skipped. Also
"ConcurrentConfigurationIsInvalid" is vague and I think it would be
useful if the method description could emulate the conditions a bit
better so that someone seeing a IPSupport.skipTestXXX knows what is means.

-Alan