8224617: (fs) java/nio/file/FileStore/Basic.java found filesystem twice

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed May 29 06:36:13 UTC 2019

On 28/05/2019 20:45, Brian Burkhalter wrote:

> Yes I changed the name more than once while writing this:
areAllMountPointsAccessible seems okay.

> It is not specified whether it does or does not as far as I can see.
> The test FileStore/Basic historically only flags duplicates if they
> are successors in the FileStore iteration. The order of the elements
> in the iteration is undefined according to the specification however.
> I would think that either duplicates should be allowed in the
> iteration or if they are not allowed then the error should be
> independent of their order. In either of these cases the test has been
> wrong and still is.

I think we'll need to do a bit more investigation on this as
FileSystem::getFileStores shouldn't have duplicates (and I think the
test was checking for that). So I think we need to dig into how we are
ending up with duplicates in the mount table and then decide if they
need to be filtered or not.

-Alan