8241786: 3 DatagramChannel tests and 2 MulticastSocket tests fail due to "SocketException: No buffer space available"

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Thu Apr 2 09:33:41 UTC 2020

Hi Chris,

On 02/04/2020 09:40, Chris Hegarty wrote:
> This is a functional change that affects the product build. Maybe that
> would be a little clearer from a different bug synopsis. Suggest
> something like:
>
>    Improve heuristic to determine default network interface on macOS

I can do that - or I can split the change if needed: that is push
the changes to DefaultInterface on its on?
Maybe I should add an @bug 8241786 to some of these tests too.

>> webrev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8241786/webrev.01/
>
> DefaultInterface.java
>
>    Unless I'm mistaken, the first IPv4+IPv6+nonLinkLocal interface is not
> necessarily returned.

Damn. Good catch! But that's your bug Chris: it was already there :-)

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8241786/webrev.02

includes yours and Alan's feedback.

-- daniel