RFR: 8264502: (fc) FileDispatcherImpl.setDirect0 might return uninitialized variable on some platforms [v2]

Christoph Göttschkes cgo at openjdk.java.net
Fri Apr 2 09:12:26 UTC 2021

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 10:00:05 GMT, Michael McMahon <michaelm at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Christoph Göttschkes has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Updated copyright dates.
>
> Strange there isn't a compiler warning to catch that.

Thanks for the reviews.

There is a compiler warning about this. But the code path is never exercised by a compiler for any of the supported target platforms. Only on systems, which neither define O_DIRECT, F_NOCACHE, nor DIRECTIO_ON, this code path is actually compiled.
I found this while playing around with a new internal port.