RFR: 8267564: JDK-8252971 causes SPECjbb2015 socket exceptions on Windows when MKS is installed

Michael McMahon michaelm at openjdk.java.net
Thu Jun 3 17:25:52 UTC 2021

Hi,

This fixes a problem where unix domain sockets are available on Windows from third party winsock drivers (other than the Microsoft implementation in Windows 10/2019). These are available (unexpectedly) on earlier Windows releases and are not supported by Java.

The fix is to search for the expected winsock service provider ID and specifically use that one when creating sockets. Previously, we just attempted to create a unix domain socket, and once that succeeded we assumed we had the right service provider.

I haven't included a regression test because the environment to reproduce the issue is not part of the standard test configuration. Also, the new code is well exercised by existing tests.

Thanks,
Michael.

Commit messages:
 - implementation of fix