RFR: 8292566: Add reference to the java.nio.file package in java.nio package documentation [v2]

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.org
Fri Aug 19 11:38:34 UTC 2022

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 21:55:34 GMT, Brian Burkhalter <bpb at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Add a phrase about `java.nio.file` to the sentence in the `java.nio` package documentation describing its subpackages.
>
> Brian Burkhalter has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   8292566: Expand list of central abstractions; refine previous addition; update copyright year

src/java.base/share/classes/java/nio/package-info.java line 67:

> 67:  *   file system.  </p></li>

What would you think about reducing this down to "Path, which together with the Files class provide access to files.". The reason is that "FileSystem" isn't something that most developers will use directly and I don't think the attributes package is listed later and I don't think needs to be in the introducing to the abstractions.