RFR: 8305902: (cs) Resolve default Charset only once in StreamEncoder and StreamDecoder [v2]

Sergey Tsypanov stsypanov at openjdk.org
Thu Apr 13 16:30:15 UTC 2023

On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 06:01:39 GMT, Alan Bateman <alanb at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Still running, NIO tests are ok
>>
>> ==============================
>> Test summary
>> ==============================
>>    TEST                                              TOTAL  PASS  FAIL ERROR
>>    jtreg:test/jdk:jdk_nio                              475   475     0     0
>> ==============================
>> TEST SUCCESS
>
> The jdk_io test group will probably exercise this code the most, running test/jdk:tier2 is best for the case as it will run the jdk_io, jdk_nio and other tests that directly/indirectly make use of it.

As of jdk:tier2 there are 4 failed tests, I suspect this is due to networking issues as I run them on virtual env

==============================
Test summary
   TEST                                              TOTAL  PASS  FAIL ERROR
>> jtreg:test/jdk:tier2                               4046  4032     4    10 <<
TEST FAILURE

JT Harness : Tests that failed
com/sun/jndi/ldap/LdapPoolTimeoutTest.java: Multi-threaded client timeout tests for ldap pool
java/net/InetAddress/IsReachableViaLoopbackTest.java: ensure we can't ping external hosts via loopback if
java/net/InetAddress/getOriginalHostName.java: test functionality of getOriginalHostName(InetAddress)
java/net/MulticastSocket/Promiscuous.java: Test for interference when two sockets are bound to the same port but joined to different multicast groups