RFR: 8313765: Invalid CEN header (invalid zip64 extra data field size) [v2]

Eirik Bjorsnos duke at openjdk.org
Wed Aug 16 15:52:28 UTC 2023

On Tue, 15 Aug 2023 15:39:37 GMT, Lance Andersen <lancea at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I think I agree with Volker that it would be better if isZip64ExtBlockSizeValid continued to return false for block size 0.
>
> OK, I have made the suggest change that you both prefer.
>
> Thank you for your input

I'm also happy to see `isZip64ExtBlockSizeValid` rejecting 0. This logic could be useful when implementing support for valid Zip64 fields for small entries in ZipInputStream, like #12524 attempted to do.  (The PR was closed by the bots in the end).

I guess this method could be moved to ZipUtils if JDK-8303866 is ever implemented.