RFR: 8338411: Implement JEP 486: Permanently Disable the Security Manager [v2]

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.org
Thu Oct 24 07:18:35 UTC 2024

On Wed, 23 Oct 2024 19:15:01 GMT, Coleen Phillimore <coleenp at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This tracing skips ClassLoader frames, you'll continue to see these when using Class.forName.
>
> but you won't see access_controller_klass or priviledged_action_klass frames, so no need to skip them?  Not sure why you'd want to skip class loader frames here.

Right, although you might have to wait until there is more cleanup in the JDK code before they disappear completely. To clarify, most uses of privileged actions are only done when a SecurityManager is set but there some cases where they execute unconditionally. In the Class/ClassLoader then I think they are done conditionally so you should be okay. Are there tests for `-Xlog:class+resolve=debug` that would fail if we had a bug in this tracing code?