RFR: 8343020: SecureDirectoryStream not supported on MacOS

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.org
Fri Oct 25 09:03:04 UTC 2024

On Fri, 25 Oct 2024 00:59:11 GMT, Brian Burkhalter <bpb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I'm seeing a build failure on macosx-x64 on both my own machine and in the CI:
>
> ```
> Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
> java.lang.InternalError: java.base not found
> ```

Can you add `-Xlog:init=debug` to see if it reveals anything? In principal it should be okay switch from ftimes_a

> I'm seeing a build failure on macosx-x64 on both my own machine and in the CI:
>
> ```
> Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
> java.lang.InternalError: java.base not found
> ```

Can you see if -Xlog:init=debug to see if it reveals anything?

I have a vague memory of issues futimes not being supported on some versions of macOS or Linux and we had to use futimesat instead. Switching to futimes means testing on a wide range of OS releases to make sure that aren't any issues.