PopupWindow on Macosx causes KeyEvents to go AWOL

Jeff Martin jeff at reportmill.com
Fri Mar 8 13:35:06 PST 2013

When my app opens a PopupWindow and the user switches to another app, my app no longer receives KeyEvents (for that window).

The rub is that this only happens on Macosx, and only when run via Web Start (and probably only in a JFXPanel).

I suspect the PopupWindow is failing to remove its EventDispatcher when it AutoHides this way. Any ideas on way to work around this?

Sorry for the lame report - I thought I'd see if anyone had any information on this before I spend a few hours figuring out how to create a formal example and filing a bug.

jeff

PS: The app is at http://reportmill.com/javi . It happens when you hit the pull down menu button in the tool bar then click on another app.