JavaFX Update Question

Mark Fortner phidias51 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 09:52:07 PDT 2013

Unfortunately, most organizations of any size don't adopt a technology as
soon as it's released.  Witness the fact that the switch from 1.4 to 5 or 6
took more than 4 years to accomplish and there are still organizations out
there running 1.4.  The typical lag between a release and adoption is a
minimum of 6 months.  The only exception is for security-related patches.
 Which brings me back to my original question, if JavaFX fixes are deployed
along with the security patches, then we'll start to see the benefits
sooner rather than later.

Cheers,

Mark