HEADS-UP: Proposal to bump the minimum boot JDK for FX to JDK 10

Kevin Rushforth kevin.rushforth at oracle.com
Thu Mar 29 18:43:12 UTC 2018

As mentioned in another thread [1] we should update the minimum boot JDK
used to build FX to 10, which will allow the use of JDK 10 langauge
features, such as 'var', as well as JDK 10 APIs. It's also the right
time to do this in general. I filed a new RFE [2] to track this and plan
to send it out for review next week.

Please let me know if there are any concerns. We already use JDK 10 to
build FX 11 ea bits. I presume that the travis and appveyor CI builds of
the github mirror do the same?

-- Kevin

[1]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2018-March/021671.html