[11] RFR JDK-8202199 : Provide public, unsupported API for FX Swing interop

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sun May 6 07:45:18 UTC 2018

On 05/05/2018 16:20, Prasanta Sadhukhan wrote:
> Updated webrev to modify java.desktop module-info.java (only
> difference between webrev7 and this) to remove the duplicate exports
> of sun.awt so we will have now
>
> exports sun.awt to
>         jdk.accessibility,
>         jdk.unsupported.desktop;
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/fxswing.8/

At a high-level, the module declarations look good and using service
binding to ensure that the jdk.unsupported.desktop module is resolved
looks good. The only thing is the name of the service provider
interface, it might be clearer if you use InteropProvider rather than
InteropInterface.

I assume dependencies/java.desktop/module-info.java.extra will be
removed once the remaining dependency on sun.print goes away.

-Alan