JavaFX 13 Webview hangs

Lior Yaffe lior.yaffe at jelurida.com
Thu Feb 13 11:43:25 UTC 2020

I figured that the problem with OpenJFX 15ea was that the webview moved to state FAILED because I was using Https with a self signed SSL certificate for the webview URL.
This worked fine in previous versions but fails in 15ea - so maybe a bug if its not intentional.
I couldn't find a nice way to print the exception from the code so I'm adding a screen capture from the debugger.
If you can show me how to access the exception from inside a StateListener I can print the stack trace nicely for you.

So I switched to Http and was able to run webview and so far it seems that 15ea indeed solves my original lockup problem.