RFR: 8293119: Additional constrained resize policies for Tree/TableView [v20]

Andy Goryachev angorya at openjdk.org
Wed Dec 14 18:02:24 UTC 2022

Thank you @karthikpandelu for your work and helpful comments!

@kevinrushforth mentioned this is a know problem with Swing interop on Windows (do we have a jira ticket?), can be ignored for the purposes of this PR.

> * Observed inconsistent behavior with Data value "fixed in the middle" and Policy value "CONSTRAINED_RESIZE_POLICY". Steps to reproduce:

made some changes, please take a look.

> * Similar to AUTO_RESIZE_SUBSEQUENT_COLUMNS is there a provision to resize previous columns? I was just wondering if there is an option for that.

There is no such policy (neither here nor in JTable).  I suppose it is possible.  I find the other policy CONSTRAINED_RESIZE_POLICY_ALL_COLUMNS is less useful than the the new default policy CONSTRAINED_RESIZE_POLICY_FLEX_LAST_COLUMN - something about changes applied from left to right feeling more natural.