RFR: 8293119: Additional constrained resize policies for Tree/TableView [v24]

Andy Goryachev angorya at openjdk.org
Mon Dec 19 20:59:58 UTC 2022

On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 20:39:16 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <kcr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Andy Goryachev has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   8293119: review comments
>
> modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/com/sun/javafx/scene/control/ResizeHelper.java line 62:
>
>> 60:         min = new int[count];
>> 61:         pref = new int[count];
>> 62:         max = new int[count];
>
> Using integer arithmetic may not be the right thing to do here.

You are right.  My initial desire to round came from TableUtil:260, where column sizes are rounded.  Not only this code is executed only once during application lifecycle, but also it is incorrect.
Will revert back to doubles and remove rounding, while keeping track of possible rounding created by snapping.
Thank you.