RFR: 8297068: Update boot JDK to 19.0.1

Kevin Rushforth kcr at openjdk.org
Tue Dec 20 13:25:55 UTC 2022

On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 08:42:10 GMT, Ambarish Rapte <arapte at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Updating boot JDK to 19.0.1.
> Gradle 7.3 is not compatible with JDK 19.0.1 hence updated the gradle minimum version as well.

Looks good, although there is no need to bump the minimum version of gradle. I'll do a quick test and then approve.

@johanvos or @tiainen can one of you be the second reviewer?

build.properties line 93:

> 91: # that is supported. It must be <= jfx.gradle.version.
> 92: jfx.gradle.version=7.6
> 93: jfx.gradle.version.min=7.6

We only bump the minimum gradle version when we also bump the minimum JDK version or when we make changes in `build.gradle` that necessitate it. Since gradle 7.3 can still be used to build with JDK 17 (which is the minimum boot JDK version), there is no need to bump the minimum version of gradle this time.