Mention of the CSS properties in JavaDocs

Nir Lisker nlisker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:11:26 UTC 2022

Hi,

When reviewing the docs changes to TabPane, I saw that some properties
mention the CSS that is related to them. I was wondering if we could
standardize it through something like a @css tag that is given the css
string constant, or read automatically through the CssMetaData.

As an example:

    /**
     * Specifies the maximum width of a tab.
     * ...
     * @css -fx-tab-max-width
     * @defaultValue 10
     */

If the javadoc tool has access to these during its runtime, it can read the
string by looking in the getCssMetaData() override of the property and then
read the first argument of the CssMetaData constructor.

Thoughts?