RFR: 8278759 : PointerEvent: buttons property set to 0 when mouse down [v2]

Kevin Rushforth kcr at openjdk.java.net
Fri Feb 25 13:38:03 UTC 2022

On Fri, 25 Feb 2022 13:27:42 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <kcr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hima Bindu Meda has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Refactor variable names and update the formatting
>
> tests/system/src/test/java/test/robot/javafx/web/PointerEventTest.java line 212:
>
>> 210:         Util.runAndWait(() -> {
>> 211:             robot.mouseRelease(MouseButton.PRIMARY, MouseButton.MIDDLE, MouseButton.SECONDARY);
>> 212:             robot.mouseClick(MouseButton.PRIMARY);
>
> I presume clicking the left mouse button is done to dismiss the popup that will happens when dragging with the right mouse button? This doesn't work on Windows, so subsequent tests fail. If you change it to pressing the `ESC` key, then it should work:
>

>     robot.keyType(KeyCode.ESCAPE);

Alternatively, moving the mouse up and/or to the left after releasing all the buttons and before clicking the middle button will work (on Windows the popup doesn't display until after you release the middle button, and is displayed at the then-current mouse position). Pressing the ESC seems easier, but it's up to you.