JavaFX Media Enhancements Survey

Alexander Matveev alexander.matveev at oracle.com
Fri Jul 22 04:48:41 UTC 2022

Greetings!

We are running a little survey to get input on possible JavaFX Media enhancements. Below you can find a list of possible JavaFX Media enhancements, which we might implement in the future, although there is no commitment. We will appreciate if you can rate each enhancement on how useful/important it will be for JavaFX mainline. Put “1" for very important and I need this feature; “2" for looks important, but I am not planning to use it; “3" for not important and I do not need it.

1) ID3 metadata support for MP4 files.
Rating:

2) Support for multichannel audio rendering (more than 2 channels).
Rating:

3) Subtitles support for MP4 files and HTTP Live Streaming.
Rating:

4) HDR support.
Rating:

5) InputStream for AudioClip with PCM support.
Rating:

6) Public APIs to access raw audio and video frames.
Rating:

7) Support for multiple audio tracks in MP4 files and alternate audio streams in HTTP Live Streaming provided via #EXT-X-MEDIA tag.
Rating:

8) Media recording/capture.
Rating:

9) Opus audio codec.
Rating:

10) MKV (matroska) file format.
Rating:

11) WebM/VP9/Opus
Rating:

12) RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol)
Rating:

13) Pluggable codecs
Rating:

Please, list any additional media formats (codecs) / protocols you would like to see in upcoming JavaFX releases:

List any additional media enhancements you consider important to JavaFX Media:

Thanks,
Alexander