RFR: 8296330: Tests: Add layout container snapping tests [v2]

Andy Goryachev angorya at openjdk.org
Mon Nov 7 20:15:29 UTC 2022

On Mon, 7 Nov 2022 19:57:39 GMT, Marius Hanl <mhanl at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> modules/javafx.graphics/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/layout/SnappingTest.java line 155:
>>
>>> 153: //                new ContainerCreator<>(StackPane::new),
>>> 154: //                new ContainerCreator<>(BorderPane::new),
>>> 155: //                new ContainerCreator<>(node -> {
>>
>> 1. should we create corresponding bug reports for the commented out containers?
>> 2. should we also test other descendants of Pane (am I correct in guessing it's a Pane you call "container")?
>
> 1. Yes. We may want to create something like an 'epic'. I see that in the past it was called an 'umbrella issue'
> 2. Yeah we should, but the goal of this PR is to test all layout container, specified in `javafx.scene.layout`.
>
> Other nodes needs more special test cases, e.g. can't be solved in a generic test. `Control` nodes are also mostly fine since the `layoutChildren` method in the `SkinBase` will receive the already snapped insets (so it is harder to do the wrong thing).

could you please create an umbrella ticket listing all the types that need to be added to the test and/or fixed?

here is an example of such ticket (with an umbrella unicode):
[JDK-8241364](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8241364)