RFR: JDK-8297332: Remove easy warnings in base

John Hendrikx jhendrikx at openjdk.org
Mon Nov 21 20:56:03 UTC 2022

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:03:54 GMT, Andy Goryachev <angorya at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This comment might be out of place, but since we started fixing raw type use may be you could take a look at it? I know it's in javafx.graphics, so not technically a part of this PR, but It's pretty weird. Bringing it up here because it is relevant to the overall discussion.

Raw type fixing is not part of this PR, I would like to do that separately as it will be more involved (when fixing a raw type, usually other warnings pop up, like unnecessary casts or unchecked warnings).

> If I modify CssParser (any small change would do, even insert a space), Eclipse suddenly gives me a bunch of errors.

I can reproduce this. This looks like a bug in the Eclipse compiler.  The Eclipse Compiler is incremental and may not be recompiling the correct sources affected, but on a full rebuild it does.  It should probably be reported if it can be narrowed down a bit.