RFR: 8295078: TextField blurry when inside an TitledPane -> AnchorPane [v3]

Ambarish Rapte arapte at openjdk.org
Fri Nov 25 08:16:25 UTC 2022

On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 20:28:39 GMT, Marius Hanl <mhanl at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I still think this code is incorrect.
>>
>> To illustrate, let's set insets to 0.8 and anchor to 0.5
>> Here is what I think it should do:
>> snap=off
>> result=1.3
>>
>> snap=on
>> result=1.0 (and not 1.5, as I think the proposed fix would produce)
>
> I also never understood that completely.
> In my opinion it also makes sense to snap the values once. But that would be a huge refactoring and everything is affected. We can not just change this now. Thats why I would stick to the existing solution and refactor that later.
> But some clarification here would be helpful here, maybe ask the people who created this (if available)?. And I haven't looked yet, but how does Swing handle this?

It's seems little tricky to choose an approach for this fix.

- NOT snapping intermediate values (new approach):
1. It definitely seems correct NOT to snap intermediate values.
2. But currently, code Controls snap the intermediate values,
3. This PR seems to be the first change of snapping in a layout:
=> Will it regress if we have different approach in layout than in control ?
I think No, It won’t regress. @Maran23 Can you please try it with this fix ?
In that case, we can adapt the new way for layout and file a new JBS to refactor existing code.