RFR: JDK-8297414: Remove easy warnings in javafx.controls [v7]

John Hendrikx jhendrikx at openjdk.org
Tue Nov 29 16:48:57 UTC 2022

On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 16:38:26 GMT, Andy Goryachev <angorya at openjdk.org> wrote:

> oh no, my PRs are going to wreak havoc with your large PRs. let's make sure yours get in first.

That's okay, merge conflicts can be solved.

> > Unsure what you mean by the changes, as I don't know what the default setting (or your settings) are, but I've included the settings as an attachment:
>
> the warnings being addressed by this PR.

They are at the top of the PR.

- Remove unsupported/unnecessary SuppressWarning annotations

This is Eclipse setting: Annotations / Unused SuppressWarnings token

- Remove reduntant type specifications (use diamond operator)

This is Eclipse setting: Generic Types / Redundant type arguments

- Remove unused or duplicate imports

This is Eclipse setting: Unnecessary code / Unused import

- Remove unnecessary casts (type is already correct type or can be autoboxed)

This is Eclipse setting: Unnecessary code / Unnecessary cast or instanceof operation

- Remove unnecessary semi-colons (at end of class definitions, or just repeated ones)

This is Eclipse setting: Potential Programming Problems / Empty statement

- Remove redundant super interfaces (interface that is already inherited)

This is Eclipse setting: Unnecessary code / Redundant super interface

- Remove unused type parameters

This is Eclipse setting: Unnecessary code / Unused type parameter

- Remove declared checked exceptions that are never thrown

This is Eclipse setting: Unnecessary code / Unnecessary declaration of thrown exception

- Add missing @Override annotations

This is Eclipse setting: Annotations / Missing Override annotation