RFR: 8290844: Add Skin.install() method [v9]

Andy Goryachev angorya at openjdk.org
Tue Oct 4 19:21:38 UTC 2022

>>> 232:      * @throws IllegalArgumentException if {@code skin != null && skin != getSkinnable()}
>>> 233:      */
>>
>> hmm ..  shouldn't the condition be `(skin != null && skin.getSkinnable() != Control.this)`?
>
> Oops. My mistake (since Andy copied what I gave him), and good catch. I think the `Control.` is not needed here, since this is the documentation of a property in Control, so maybe just:
>
> `(skin != null && skin.getSkinnable() != this)`?

The check is actually inside of a StyleableObjectProperty, so Control.this is appropriate (see line 250), though I think the human-readable explanations in the same javadoc comment might be clear enough (I hope they are clear enough)