Font hinting on Linux

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Sat Aug 3 21:41:44 UTC 2024

There's not many knobs available. Hinting is not enabled - and that's
commonly the case on modern plartforms.
LCD is your best option for readibility of static text, which is why it
is the default for UI Controls,
It should reduce the pixel grid fitting uneveness you highlight but
doesn't eliminate it.
Note : this presumes that the freetype on your system enables LCD .. if
it doesn't there's nothing FX can do about that.

-phil.