Detecting threading problems faster

Andy Goryachev andy.goryachev at oracle.com
Mon Aug 5 15:01:25 UTC 2024

John:

Can you cite a bug or give an example of such a problem?

During all my time of actively using javafx (since about 2015) I have never encountered an issue with threading you describe.  It is possible that I use the system trivially and not to the full extent.  Both swing and javafx are single threaded by design.  Yes, there might be occasions when one can use multiple threads and it is sort of allowed, but doing so may lead to unpleasant issues down the road, so the question is why would you want to do that?

-andy