RFR: 8336031: Create implementation of NSAccessibilityStaticText protocol [v3]

Andy Goryachev angorya at openjdk.org
Tue Aug 6 15:05:38 UTC 2024

On Thu, 1 Aug 2024 22:41:05 GMT, Alexander Zuev <kizune at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Initial implementation of the protocol.
>
> Alexander Zuev has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Removing methods that supposed to generate attributed strings. String attributes are not available for the static text elements and cause exceptions to be thrown when requested.

I don't see crashes, but I noticed a few things when testing with the Monkey Tester:

1. on the AreaChart page, I was unable to see the a11y focus rectangle around the elements of the chart, even though I can hear what sounded like announcements for various elements on the chart.  This behavior differed from e.g. BarChart where I could navigate with a11y focus using the TAB key.  What's more interesting, this behavior appears to be the same regardless of the 'focus traversable' enabled property
2. On the BarChart (and on other chart pages) I could not place a11y focus on any of the chart  elements using the mouse; but the TAB key worked.  Why is that?
3. HtmlEditor: the focus rectangle is fixed at the small area in the top left corner, regardless of the text entered (see the screenshot)

![Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 07 44 42](https://github.com/user-attachments/assets/b2ed255a-f13a-4f6e-89ee-113cd75cbd51)

4. In the WebView page, enter the https://github.com address and press enter.  I see the following output in stderr (which is absent with VoiceOver off):

Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Applicatio
 n Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX
[...]
 tion in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" state:SCHEDULED
state:RUNNING