RFR: 8333919: [macOS] dragViewOffsetX/dragViewOffsetY are ignored for the dragView image [v4]

Andy Goryachev angorya at openjdk.org
Mon Aug 12 20:57:36 UTC 2024

On Mon, 12 Aug 2024 17:13:51 GMT, Lukasz Kostyra <lkostyra at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> When fixing [JDK-8233955](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8233955) offset calculation was left out, which made Dragboard offset API not work on macOS.
>>
>> This change fixes this mistake. Now drag image should be properly offset.
>
> Lukasz Kostyra has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Merge two if image != nil statements together
>
>   Those were unnecessarily split

To clarify my earlier comments:

1. my complaints are related, but outside of the scope for this PR
2. the Dragboard class allows for setting of drag view image, but it always tries to resize it to some arbitrary size - increase the size if the image is too small, scale down if it is too large.  There is no way to customize that (but should be!)
3. there is no public API to control drop cancellation behavior.  At the minimum, there should be a way to disable the scuttling behavior.