RFR: 8323706: Remove SimpleSelector and CompoundSelector classes [v7]

John Hendrikx jhendrikx at openjdk.org
Tue Aug 13 12:02:59 UTC 2024

On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 11:54:16 GMT, Nir Lisker <nlisker at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I see a lot of aversion from for-each loops in favor of indexed loops in the classes this PR touches. While I don't suggest to change it here, any idea why?

It's just the style the original code was written with.  There is no reason to write the binary load/save code like this (as IO will be a far greater bottleneck).

There are/were other parts (in `Match` and the selector subtypes) however that are performance sensitive, so perhaps the entire classes were just written in a similar style "just in case".