RFR: 8323706: Remove SimpleSelector and CompoundSelector classes [v7]

John Hendrikx jhendrikx at openjdk.org
Tue Aug 13 14:20:58 UTC 2024

On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 14:10:52 GMT, Nir Lisker <nlisker at openjdk.org> wrote:

> > oops, yes, you did, my mistake. the master progressed since then, got me confused.
> > I got a bunch of errors again after switching:
> > ```
> > Description	Resource	Type	Path	Location
> > Cannot infer type arguments for ParsedValueImpl<>	CssParser.java	Java Problem	/graphics/src/main/java/javafx/css	line 3024
> > Cannot infer type arguments for ParsedValueImpl<>	CssParser.java	Java Problem	/graphics/src/main/java/javafx/css	line 3214
> > Cannot infer type arguments for ParsedValueImpl<>	CssParser.java	Java Problem	/graphics/src/main/java/javafx/css	line 3267
> > Cannot infer type arguments for ParsedValueImpl<>	CssParser.java	Java Problem	/graphics/src/main/java/javafx/css	line 3282
> > Cannot infer type arguments for ParsedValueImpl<>	CssParser.java	Java Problem	/graphics/src/main/java/javafx/css	line 3607
> > Cannot infer type arguments for ParsedValueImpl<>	CssParser.java	Java Problem	/graphics/src/main/java/javafx/css	line 3651
> > ```
>
> I got these too, as well as many
>
> ```
> The method createShader(String, InputStream, Map<String,Integer>, Map<String,Integer>, int, boolean, boolean) in the type ShaderFactory is not applicable for the arguments (InputStream, HashMap<String,Integer>, HashMap<String,Integer>, int, boolean, boolean)
> ```
>
> I haven't worked on this repo for 3 weeks, what changed?

The ones mentioned by Andy I also see, and are just a difference in opinion between Javac and ECJ, or perhaps a bug in the incremental compilation that Eclipse does (as they usually only appear when it does an incremental compile, not a full one).  When those occur, I just select them and remove them from the errors list.

The others I haven't seen before, and I'm not seeing them now.  I did a search for `createShader` but didn't see anything unusual.

I'm not aware of any special changes in the last 3 weeks.  I did a fresh import recently, and nothing strange popped up.