RFR: 8337246: SpinnerSkin does not consume ENTER KeyEvent when editor ActionEvent is consumed [v2]

Kevin Rushforth kcr at openjdk.org
Wed Aug 14 18:04:54 UTC 2024

On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 16:27:37 GMT, Michael Strauß <mstrauss at openjdk.org> wrote:

> You will need a CSR, because you propose to make the public `consumed` field private (and change its type).

Thanks for pointing this out. I haven't had time to look at this PR yet, but this aspect of the change is a breaking API change, and is not something we would generally do. There would  need to be an extremely compelling reason to do this. I am unconvinced that there is.

I haven't formed an opinion on the approach itself, since I haven't read through all of the discussion. If we do end up going this route, there are behavioral aspects that need to be captured in a CSR as well.