RFR: 8305418: [Linux] Replace obsolete XIM as Input Method Editor [v23]

Thiago Milczarek Sayao tsayao at openjdk.org
Sun Aug 18 20:40:35 UTC 2024

> This replaces obsolete XIM and uses gtk api for IME.
> Gtk uses [ibus](https://github.com/ibus/ibus)
>
> Gtk3+ uses relative positioning (as Wayland does), so I've added a Relative positioning on `InputMethodRequest`.
>
> [Screencast from 17-09-2023 21:59:04.webm](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/assets/30704286/6c398e39-55a3-4420-86a2-beff07b549d3)

Thiago Milczarek Sayao has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains 98 commits:

 - Fix review points
 - Merge branch 'master' into new_ime
 - Merge branch 'refs/heads/master' into new_ime
 - Merge branch 'refs/heads/master' into new_ime
 - Merge branch 'master' into new_ime
 - Add signals to avoid warnings
 - Merge branch 'master' into new_ime

   # Conflicts:
   #	modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/native-glass/gtk/GlassApplication.cpp
 - Add check for jview
 - - Fix comment path
 - - Fix double keyrelease
 - ... and 88 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/compare/3261e940...8784f485

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1080/files
  Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jfx&pr=1080&range=22
  Stats: 452 lines in 8 files changed: 65 ins; 269 del; 118 mod
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1080.diff
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jfx.git pull/1080/head:pull/1080

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1080